...is the matter of the heart.
When you think about how successful you are or want to become/remain, it goes without saying that it takes more than willpower or "gut" - it takes heart and a lot of it.
If there is only one thing we all need to do to keep at it - at work, home, church and everywhere else we function - it is to take good care of our heart...yes it's a matter of the heart.
Here are 5 Heart Health tips:
- Have regular medical check-ups.
- Exercise regularly - I've found that it needs to start in your head and heart. Going to the gym helps but without the gym, there are so many other ways you can exercise. Taking the stairs at work, parking a long way off from the store are some inexpensive ways to exercise...and can be family events too.
- Avoid junk or "easy" foods - except the easy foods are fruits and vegetables. Processed minute-to-make foods may save time but take time (i.e. life) away.
- Reduce your salt intake - it will lower your blood pressure. If you need to cook with salt, add it at the end - you'll add less. I've tried this and it works.
- Take time to rest...as in "do nothing" rest not those days off that you use to catch up on house chores or all the other things on your "to dos" lists. I know from experience that this is a challenge - with practice, you'll make progress.
Take care of your heart - it will take care of you. Love your heart - it will love you back.