Wednesday, May 1, 2019

"I live"...




...I mean "I leave."

A few months ago, while chatting about work hours and one lady said: "Once it's X time, I live." She quickly corrected herself and said "I leave." On third thoughts she added "because I need to live."

Later that day, I pondered on it and wondered how many people actually and truly leave work to live. It has been said over and over again that we should not live to work, rather we should work to live.

John Wooden put it so well: "Do not let making a living (aka work), prevent you from making a life."

Today is "International Workers' Day" in many parts of the world - the Americas Region celebrates theirs, called "Labour Day", on the first Monday in September. This day was set apart as a statutory holiday to celebrate labourers and the working class. The only way those who are being celebrated on this day can be celebrated is if they are around and healthy enough to enjoy the celebration. Imagine being at your birthday party and you're too ill to partake of the festivities? Miserable, right?

To ensure that you are available and able to truly enjoy your life and the fruit of your labour everyday, it is important to know when to shut down from work and leave to live...


Image result for live to work or work to live cartoon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...