Friday, July 1, 2016

Armed and Aimed...

Those 3 words struck a cord in my heart and stuck in my mind as I listened to the audio version of my favourite book.
Today is the 183rd day of this Leap Year and a perfect time for a look-back and for recalibration and/or course correction if you ask me.


To excel in your career and life, you need to be equipped and headed in the right direction. One thing I have learned over time is that there is no value of being armed/equipped if you are not headed anywhere or don't know where you're headed. On the flip side, if you are headed in the right direction but don't have what you need to survive the "journey" and then thrive there you have wasted your time. God forbid!


So let's see what a man, actually a king, who excelled in his career and calling said:
Is not this the God who armed me well, then aimed me in the right direction? (2 Samuel 22: 33 - MSG)
This successful man obviously understood this risk of this observation by Thomas Merton
 
“People may spend their whole lives climbing the ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is leaning against the wrong wall.”

The flip side is the statement of fact by Zig Ziglar in the picture.
 
As we step into the 2nd half of the year, take time to (re)connect yourself to God because He's the Only One Who can arm and aim you in the right direction. After all He said:
I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. (Jer 29:11 - GNT)
Aligning yourself with the Only One Who knows where you are/should be headed, you will be armed and aimed, then you can confidently say:
"I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose - I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]" (Phil 4:13 - AMP)
May you be armed and aimed for the rest of the year
and achieve many accomplishments.
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...