Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Show me your shoes

A few weeks ago, standing at the check-out line the corner of my eye caught a tote that read:


I know people have varying opinions about Marilyn Monroe - as people have for everyone else including about me however, I believe this quote has a very important nugget within it. Actually, I know so because the Holy Spirit told me so...and He prompted me to buy the tote as a reminder.
Now let's step in to this...pun intended

The first verse that dropped in my heart when I saw the tote was:

Ephesians 6:15 - On your feet wear the Good News [Gospel] of peace
to help you stand strong [for firm footing; or to be fully prepared].  (EXB)

So what does this say to us? It tells us "What" the right shoes are & "Why" we need the right shoes to conquer the world.

John 16:33 gives us the reason why we need the "Right Shoes."

Jesus said: "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]" (AMPC)


Essentially every step we take in life should be one that preaches the Good News of peace. The way we respond to challenges also shows whether or not we believe Jesus' promises to us.
Wearing the shoes of the Word is all we need to conquer the world because it is forever settled. 

Ladies, show me your shoes and I'll know if you're ready to step up and step out to conquer the world...you'll know too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...