Sunday, April 1, 2012

Be Expectant

Expectant means:
  • "excitedly anticipating something: excitedly aware that something is about to happen; and
  • expecting something favorable: expecting something, especially something that will bring success or wealth" *
We should all be able to say like David: "My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him."** Simply because Jeremiah 29:11 tells us: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."***

I remember when I was pregnant for our children (one of them turned a year older last month). I was not only physically expectant, I was emotionally and spiritually expectant too. In spite of how challenging that pregnancy was, I had faith that God will deliver me safely and that kept me going. I remained expectant...

Faith in God is our anchor because "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."****
We have every reason to be expectant..."for [even the whole] creation (all nature) waits expectantly and longs earnestly for God's sons to be made known [waits for the revealing, the disclosing of their sonship]."*****

We must always be expectant because God has never failed on any of His promises****** and never will. So purpose that when you wake up each morning you'll live a life full of expectation. Another reason why we should is:
"high achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation."******* Whatever you do, wherever you go or are, just B.E.


Sources:
*http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=expectant
**Psalm 62:5 - Amplified
***King James Version
****Hebrews 11:1 - NLT
*****Romans 8:19 - Amplified
****** 2 Cor 1:20 - For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory. (NLT)
Josh 21:45 - Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true. (NLT)
******* Charles F. Kettering

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...