Sunday, July 1, 2018

Which are you?

Manager or Leader?

For most of my leadership journey, I have not had the title "...Leader." In fact, I have had the word "...Manager" in my title now and again. However, per my passion to be a leader - which is partially connected with my upbringing, I realized that I could not afford to be caged by my title or lack thereof.

Being a leader truly has very little to do with your title and more to do with your mindset. I have also learned from experience that the best leaders are life-long learners who are humble enough to acknowledge that they do not know everything and hence willing to learn so they can share what they learn with others in order to also develop them.

It's such a wonderful - and in my opinion, an empowering - experience when you you see how your actions impact and inspire others to become better people.

I'll talk some more about being a leader in subsequent posts. For now, look at the table below to see which you are:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...