Friday, March 15, 2019

The Act...

...and art of leading

When this topic dropped in my heart, I took a few weeks to mull over it. As I started writing it up, it seemed best to first define these words:

Act: "take action; do something. (verb); a thing done; a deed (noun)."*

Art: "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power."*

A lot has been writing about leadership and it is a very important topic in my mind and experience.

There's the ongoing debate on whether leaders are born or made. In my opinion, everyone is a leader - it has nothing to do with whether you have a formal title or not. Taking it a step further, each of us can (and should) develop our leadership skills to become better leaders - of our selves and/or of others.

The ACT of leadership highlights the importance of doing something - anything to become a better person - and/or to help others become better versions of themselves...doing nothing is not an option.

The ART of leadership speaks to the importance of creativity in leading others. I have found that the best leaders show how to develop themselves (by example) and let others participate in their self-development. It's all about creatively applying yourself and demonstrating emotional power and emotional intelligence that appreciates and is appreciated by those who interact with you/them. 
 
Personally, combining the act and art of leading has made me a successful leader in the different areas and aspects of my life. It's a fruitful and fulfilling leadership path.

It would be my privilege to serve you and chat some more if you (and/or someone you know) need coaching in this area. You can reach me by email or LinkedIn.



Reference:
* Google (emphasis mine)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...