Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dress-essence

In April, one of my FB friends, MB, wrote:
"Corporate dressing purpose is divided into three aspects -
Coverage, Communication and Comfort.

In simple words, your clothing should look decent, should communicate a positive message and you should feel comfortable with your dressing."

I'm sure you know that this is just up my alley...so "walk with me"

Coverage: it goes without saying that what you show determines who you are...

Communication: the level of coverage or lack thereof sends messages about you.

Comfort: it's one thing to be comfortable in what you wear and equally important that what you wear is "comfortable" with where you are. We should be appropriately "dressed for the occassion."

Although your comportment is also important, your clothes should portray you in a good light and you should also portray your clothes in a good light. It is not about wearing costly or "current" (i.e. fashionable) clothes; what is important is wearing the correct clothes - that align with who you are. Allow me to say:
"Show me your clothes and I'll tell you who you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...