Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reach out...


It's been almost 2½ years since I started this blog. One reason why I started it was because I strongly believe that we're here to help others.

I know that some people erroneously believe that they must be better than others in order to help them - that belief can't be further away from the truth.

I agree that there are times when being "better" educated and experienced, is definitely one way to help others.
On the flip side, being a willing listener and learner can and does help you become better and also helps those who are "better" go a notch higher. For instance, watching and learning from my mentors, helped me develop mentoring skills and then having the opportunity mentor others has greatly improved my mentoring skills.

Which is why these quotes from Pablo and Michelle Obama resonated with me.

When you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.
~ Michelle Obama
 
I hope these 2 quotes will also encourage you to keep reaching out...accept that hand and pull someone up or be pulled up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...