Monday, April 15, 2019

Start!

Yes, just start!

This is something I have been struggling with for a few months - actually I'm sure it's been for a few years or maybe even more than a few. Well, in the last couple of months, I've heard people say:
"Start before you're ready."

In looking up the author of this quote, I found and really like how Marie Forleo put it:
"The key to success is to start before you're ready."
 It's one of the best pieces of advice I have heard in a long time...to access success you need to start.

We were raised in and are conditioned by the "Ready, Set, Go" mindset. When I say "start before you are ready", I'm not saying that you should start without any preparation - that would be really unwise and totally disrespectful to yourself and to others. What I'm saying that it (whatever you are starting) doesn't need to be perfect before you start. You can only improve on and perfect something that you have started i.e. tested. Agree?

Another aspect of starting is to start somewhere. "When you see yarn that is all tangled what do you do?" Do you ignore it hoping it will untangle itself or start somewhere to untangle it? Or do you insist on locating the "beginning" of the yarn? I don't think so. Like most of us, we'd either locate one end - any end - and start untangling from there or if it's too complex, simplify it by snipping it to create a new beginning otherwise no progress will be made. Likewise when you are starting something new, start small and start simple. You won't stay small because as you go on...you will grow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...